Every one of us in this life has had to deal with fear in one form or another. The road to hell may be paved with good intentions, but the road to success is littered with fear and uncertainty.
The biggest difference between someone that is successful and someone that is not is the courage to take significant and consistent action over and over again.
Here are some steps to enable you to release fear and find freedom and to take that significant action, repeatedly:
1. Simply decide to succeed. Many people never really decide to do or accomplish anything significant; at best they ‘kinda sorta give it a go.’ However, once you’ve truly decided to go for your dreams, there is no other option – and no room for fear or doubt – in your mind. In fact, the word ‘decide’ means to cut yourself off from any other possibility.
2. Embrace risk. Chase after your fears and show them who is boss. Make the tough presentation or phone call. Ask for whatever it is that you want. A big part of being successful is doing things that other people are too afraid to do.
3. Prepare yourself. Many of our stresses, challenges, and concerns are things that we anticipated. Take the time to find solutions and put them into place before you need them. When you can see a challenge that is likely to come up, simply prepare for it instead of worrying about it.
4. Go with the flow. If you don’t live in the past or future, life is much less stressful. Let go of your resistance to the present moment and see what happens.
5. Focus on the good outcomes. Most people look for the worst and expect it to happen. Expect the best and it’s much easier to take action. Sure, some undesirable things may happen along the way, but they’ll be like mosquitoes that need to be swatted away. That’s much better than the brick wall that you might otherwise perceive.
6. Learn to relax. When you feel stress and anxiety arising for you, taking a few slow, deep breaths can make a huge difference. To a large extent, our psychology follows our physiology; breathing is the only part of our physiology that we can really control. Use that control to your advantage.
7. Fully engage in your life and get away from the news. The news can be so negative. Instead, find something interesting to do with your time. If you’re conquering less stressful things all day long, the more stressful things don’t seem so bad anymore. Take a piano lesson, go hiking, or go dancing. It will make your life more interesting, too.
8. Realize that you are enough. Even if you have things to learn and skills that need to be developed, that doesn’t mean that you’re incapable of the task at hand. Plan to acquire the resources you need, but do everything you can with the resources you have now.
9. Start small. Make a list of everything that you need to do but can’t seem to follow through on. Put them in order from least scary to most. Now decide to do the item at the top of the list. When that’s done, do the next. Only focus on the current item at the top of the list.
The only way to truly be free and release fear and find freedom is to conquer your fears. The only way to conquer your fears is to do the things that frighten you. Show yourself that you can do those things successfully. Follow the suggestions I’ve given you here and start your journey from fear to freedom today!!
Are you ready to make personal and spiritual changes in your life? Consider a one on one private session with Moira or a reading to free yourself from limitations and open yourself up to greater possibilities? Click here to open the door.
Please share this article with your friends using the links below: