Do you ever wonder why you are here? After all, you were created with a unique set of passions and talents that no one else in the world can duplicate!!
Discovering your purpose in life lets you use your unique assortment of feelings and abilities to bring you greater self-fulfillment.
When you are doing what you feel like you must have been born to do, you can create a life you enjoy through and through. Your intentions will have more meaning to you and challenges will be naturally easier to overcome as you joyfully move toward achieving those goals.
This process for finding your life purpose enables you to tune in to your inner self and figure out what makes you tick. Take the time to find your purpose – your life will certainly change for the better!
For this process, it is helpful to keep an open mind. It does not matter if you do not think this will work – it just means it might take a little longer. All you really need is a piece of paper, something to write with, and approximately an hour of peace and quiet.
As you are doing this exercise, try to empty your mind as much as possible. The clearer your mind is, the quicker and easier the process will be. Also, do this while you are relaxed, alone, and unlikely to be disturbed.
1. Focus on your intention.
Write at the top of your paper: “This is my life purpose.” This simple act sets your intention in your mind for the next hour.
2. Begin listing your thoughts – even doubts about this process.
As you clear your mind and focus on this process, write whatever comes to mind, no matter what it is. If you think to yourself, “This isn’t going to work,” then you would write, “This isn’t going to work.”
Answering the following questions will get you started. Then keep writing your thoughts until you find your life purpose.
- What are my talents and abilities?
- Which talents would I like to develop further? Why?
- What are my passions?
- Do I experience joy from helping others? Who?
- What activities do I enjoy?
- What have I always wanted to do, but have not done so yet?
- Who do I most enjoy being around? Adults? Children? Why?
- What are my favorite books or movies? Why?
- How do I feel about my relationships?
- What is your most important priority in my life? Family? Work? Something else?
4. How will you know?
You will just know. It will be the answer that fills you with the most emotion. You may even feel teary. The idea will resonate with you completely, and there will not be any doubt. Just continue writing whatever comes into your mind until you reach that point.
- Commonly, answers will repeat themselves. A lot of unrelated nonsense is also likely to come out. Our brains can be a little cluttered, and this exercise will expose that fact. Do not let anything you write distract you from your intentions; odd things quite frequently end up on the paper.
- There will be several answers along the path that feel good to you, but remember, you are looking for the big one. When you see the ones that are good, but not “it,” this means you are close, but not quite on target yet.
- You are looking for that one idea that feels overwhelming to you. In this exercise, it is common for your life purpose to reveal itself in less than 100 ideas, but it can take as many as 400. Keep writing.
How Can I Apply My Life Purpose to Benefit Me?
Now that you have discovered your purpose, always try to honor it. To do so, keep it in mind consistently. Ask yourself, “Is this in alignment with my ultimate purpose?” A life lived like this, with direction and intentionality, is a life you can genuinely enjoy.
So, do not wait any longer; schedule a time to do this when you know you will have some peace and quiet. Knowing the core reason you are here in this life is one of the greatest gifts you could ever give yourself and share with the world.
Are you ready to make personal and spiritual changes in your life? Consider a one on one private session with Moira or a reading to free yourself from limitations and open yourself up to greater possibilities? Click here to open the door.
Please share this article with your friends using the links below: