Self hypnosis for self improvement is a wonderful tool for successful goal achievement as well as self-improvement. Many people are surprised at how easy it is to learn self-hypnosis. And, truth be told – all hypnosis is self-hypnosis!
Self hypnosis is usually thought of as a person listening to an audio recording designed to induce a sense of relaxation and a willingness to absorb suggestions centered upon a specific topic such as weight loss, stop smoking, etc.
Unfortunately, this kind of hypnosis is generally prepared by someone who has never met the person being hypnotized, and kind at times present undesirable, even unpleasant imagery and suggestions.
For example, if you sunburn easily, that last thing you want to hear about is a slow walk on a sunny beach. In this case, the “self” in self-hypnosis simply means that you listen to it by yourself.
How do you incorporate self-improvement to hypnosis?
For successful self improvement, there are certain aspects within you that should be addressed. Using hypnosis, the negative aspects that are serving as blocks to your improvement are released.
The best self hypnosis audio would use wording and expressions that the person who is going to use it would use, it will not always be recorded by them but it is of great impact to use imagery and wording that communicates well to the person using the recording.
Unlike the mass-produced hypnosis, this hypnosis is made for the exact purpose the person wishes, including the precise words and phrases that mean the most to that particular person.
Below is a short view of the self hypnosis process. Though lots of variations of this method have been used, these are the basic steps you need to go through in order to put yourself into a hypnotic trance state.
1. Position your goals from the most important goal to the less important. If possible, your goals should be measurable.
2. For each goal, you should formulate fitting suggestions focus upon the successful outcome of each goal. Focusing on the result allows your subconscious mind to bring the action steps into reality.
3. Relaxation. Use the first minutes of your self hypnotic session to get as relaxed as possible. Try to forget all your worries and problems. Pay attention to your body and release all tension, adjusting your position as necessary.
4. Start your hypnotic initiation phase by saying and repeating out loud the hypnotic words you have chosen, thinking of these words or listening to a hypnotic recording customized for your relaxation and goal fulfillment needs.
5. Apply the hypnotic suggestions you have made for reaching the specific goal you work with, say them out loud, think them or use a tailored hypnotic recording.
Before you start up your self-hypnotic exercises you should make a time schedule for it. Do your hypnotic sessions every day, five minutes a day is enough. Repeat your suggestions as often as possible during the day.
Measure your progress. Are you closer to your goal now than you were before you started? If the answer is no… do you need to refine, re-define or refocus what you actual intent is? Sometimes resistance can come up within us as a guidance system to help us see that we need to get greater clarity on what it is we truly want to achieve.