The old saying “slow and steady wins the race” is actually often true. The tortoise in the story of the tortoise and the hare won the race not because he was the smartest, smallest, or even wittiest. Rather, he won the race due to his laser-focus on the end result: the goal line.
If you struggle to keep motivation and momentum during your own mission to achieve a goal, you are not alone!!
Even though plateaus, blocks, and setbacks are completely normal when it comes to life-changing goals, there are many things you can do to keep the fire of motivation ignited within during the journey.
Try these strategies to maintain your momentum and motivation:
1. Take action daily.
This is the single best step you can take in order to enhance your momentum. Taking action ensures that you are making progress, no matter how small. Even if you don’t know exactly what action you will be taking, just do something, anything, to advance yourself.
- For example, if you want to lose weight, it is important to burn more calories than you take in each day. If you want to grow your business, review business growth materials.
2. Find motivational nuggets.
Take a few minutes each day to read something uplifting and inspiring, whether it is motivational quotes or affirmations to keep your confidence going.
- Motivational quotes that inspire you can help transcend your mindset away from the daily grind and onto things that are bigger than yourself!
3. Check your progress.
If you are feeling stuck or like you are not moving forward, review your goal that you are trying to accomplish. Write down your goals and check in on your progress each day.
- Think positively about how close you are to the attainment of your goal rather than how far you are from it.
4. Talk to others.
Find another person who has already achieved goals like the ones you are working on.
- If your goal is to get physically fit, for example, find a bodybuilder, runner, athlete or other like-minded individual who has been in your shoes.
- Distill the nuggets of wisdom, advice and helpful tidbits that you can from their story.
5. Plan your week.
Scheduling time to work on things related to your goals is critical. We use schedules for everything else in our lives, so there is no reason that time devoted to working on personal goals cannot be included as well.
6. Reward yourself.
Small rewards have been shown to motivate everyone from children to adults. Rewards act as a positive reinforcement, and even affirmation of a job well done.
- When we are being rewarded, we tend to continue pressing on towards our goals.
These are just a few of the things that we can do on a regular basis to keep motivation and ensure that we are continually making progress.
The key word is “progress.” If we are taking some action or doing even just one thing on a daily basis that propels toward our goals, we will feel better about ourselves and be able to keep that momentum going.
Other things that we can do on a regular basis to keep momentum and motivation alive is to write in a journal, listen to inspiring talks, join a support group related to our goals, spend a few minutes in quiet meditation on our life purpose, or even posting daily reminders.
The more vibrant that we can make our goals, the more inspired and motivated we will be to take action and achieve them!!
Are you ready to make personal and spiritual changes in your life? Consider a one on one private session with Moira or a reading to free yourself from limitations and open yourself up to greater possibilities? Click here to open the door.
Please share this article with your friends using the links below: