How to Develop an Abundance Mindset…
Most people live with a sense of scarcity rather than an abundance mindset. In certain parts of the world, the population has a good reason to feel this way. There is a shortage of food, clean water, and housing in much of the world. Much of our scarcity thinking is driven by advertisers and the media in general. We are encouraged to consume more and achieve more.
Even when we have enough, we’re told that we need a better car, better clothes, or a higher income to be successful and impress the neighbors. It’s no wonder we feel like there isn’t enough for everyone.
Move your mindset from one of scarcity to one of abundance with these strategies:
1. Those with a scarcity mindset have a very short-term perspective. If you regularly find yourself only concerned with entertaining yourself as much as possible each moment, you might have a scarcity mindset. The utilization of resources right now prevents them from being taken away later.
- Overeating and overspending can be symptoms of a scarcity mindset. “Better eat it or spend it now before it’s gone” is poor way to view the world.
2. Focus on what you already have. You might already have enough to have a grateful and positive mindset. When you see that you have enough, you won’t be worried about losing it. You have plenty.
3. Avoid people that complain a lot. Complainers have a scarcity mindset. You’re more susceptible to the mindset of others than you think. Find positive people to include in your social circle. There are so many people in the world, why spend time with those that make your life harder?
4. Focus on what you can have in the future. Instead of worrying about what you might lose, spend some time thinking about what you can gain in the future. Look forward to the future rather than fear it.
- Visualize an exciting future. Develop positive feelings about the future. Isn’t that the foundation of an abundance mindset?
5. Avoid wasting time. By taking part in pointless activities, you waste your most valuable resource – your time. Value your time and you’ll have more of it.
6. Keep a journal. List the things in your life that make you feel grateful. Be sure to mention all the people in your life. You probably have a home, a job, a car, family, friends, and so on. That’s a good start to a wonderful life.
7. Get organized. Getting organized can greatly hasten your move from a scarcity mindset to an abundance mindset. Organize your closet, garage, or attic. You’ll be surprised by how many things you own. Getting organized will also free up more time. When you realize that you have more things and time than you thought, you’ll think more abundantly.
8. Be generous. Convince yourself that there is enough for everyone by sharing what you have. The more you’re willing to share, the more others are willing to share with you. That includes sharing your time.
One of the primary steps to having more is believing that there is enough for everyone. When you have a scarcity mindset, you become defensive and protective. You also create the false belief that everything will be a greater challenge than it is. When you imagine that something is difficult, you’re more likely to procrastinate or discourage yourself altogether.
An abundance mindset won’t magically place a Mercedes in your garage or add few zeros to your bank account balance. However, an abundance mindset will allow you to enthusiastically take the necessary steps to make these types of changes in your life.
Are you ready to make personal and spiritual changes in your life? Consider a one on one private session with Moira or a reading to free yourself from limitations and open yourself up to greater possibilities? Click here to open the door.
Please share this article with your friends using the links below: