Don’t feel 100% great about yourself? Join the club. Most of us could use a wee boost regarding our opinions of ourselves. Affirmations can be an effective way to boost your self-esteem.
The key to using affirmations is to state them in the positive and to use them religiously. It can take many repetitions to up-level you your current level of self-esteem.
Here is a process to harness the power of affirmations to enhance your self-esteem:
1. Determine the weak areas of your self-esteem.
In what aspects of your life do you feel negatively about yourself? It might be related to work or your relationships. Focus upon the areas of your self-esteem that need the most work.
2. Create affirmations that address your areas of weakness.
Suppose your self-esteem regarding your work is less than you would like. Be kind to yourself and create powerful affirmations even if they seem over the top. For example:
- I am the most capable person on my team at work.
- I contribute regularly and in a meaningful way toward solving the biggest problems at work.
- I’m calm, cool, and collected in even the most stressful situations.
- Try to come up with a minimum of 10-15 affirmations. Make them positive and in the present tense.
3. Create an audio recording of all your affirmations.
This will be used later. Ensure that the quality of the recording is good. You don’t want the sound of a phone ringing or a dog barking in the background. Your recording doesn’t have to be professional quality but give it your best effort.
- Read each affirmation at a normal speaking pace and speak clearly. Leave a short pause between each affirmation.
4. Write or type each affirmation clearly on a piece of paper.
It is important to be able to carry your affirmations with you everywhere. That could mean putting them on a small piece of paper or having an electronic version on your phone or tablet. Whatever format works for you is good.
5. Spend some time each day listening to your affirmations.
Ideally, at a minimum, you will listen to them while you are lying in bed in the morning and in bed at night. Put on your headphones and listen to your affirmations repeat over and over. If you can fall asleep with your affirmations in your ear, that would be great!!
- You could even take a walk at lunchtime and listen.
6. Read your affirmations.
Pull out your list of affirmations and read over them a few times each day. Let your subconscious know that you are serious.
7. Consider a little electronic help.
There are free programs you can get for your computer that will flash your affirmations on your computer screen for short periods of time. You can program them to flash for periods of time so short that you can’t possibly see them consciously, but your subconscious mind will see them.
- Imagine seeing your affirmations all day long at work!
Affirmations can be a useful tool for increasing your level of self-esteem. With more self-esteem life will be more enjoyable, and you will feel more capable. Create a few affirmations and use them several times each day. Write them, listen to them, and read them. Your self-esteem will grow.
Are you ready to make personal and spiritual changes in your life? Consider a one on one private session with Moira or a reading to free yourself from limitations and open yourself up to greater possibilities? Click here to open the door.
Please share this article with your friends using the links below: