You may not have the exact life you want, but there is a good chance you can love the life you have more than you currently do.
We have a strong ability to make ourselves unhappier than we need to be. We are also a wee bit slow to implement the improvements that would make our lives more enjoyable. We tend to be focused upon the bad things, fail to see the good things, and tolerate more than we should.
You CAN love your life with just a few small changes, such as:
1. Get rid of the things that annoy you.
Life is pretty good if you don’t have anything that bothers you. You don’t need an amazing car to be happy, but it is hard to be happy if your car is unreliable.
- Make a list of everything that gets on your nerves. It might be an overflowing kitchen junk drawer, a squeaky bed, leaky faucet, insufficient income, or weeds in the yard.
- Start working on this list and eliminate them one at a time. You will be amazed how much more you like your life as the list gets smaller.
2. Reach out to your friends.
Life can get so busy that we lose touch with the people we enjoy the most. Loving your life is essentially about removing the negative and adding the positive. Add your friends back into your life.
3. Give yourself something to look forward to.
One of the things we all need in life is something to look forward to. Plan something in the future that excites you and your life will be more enjoyable.
4. Focus on making regular small improvements to your life.
Another thing we all enjoy is the feeling of making progress in life. Whether it is losing five pounds, learning a new scale on the piano, or adding another $100 to our bank account, we enjoy seeing improvement.
- Pick a few things in your life and focus on making a little progress each week.
5. Let go of the past.
Spending time and energy reliving negative experiences from the past only degrades your mood and your life. Let it go.
6. Keep a gratitude log.
List the things that make you feel grateful. This is a great way to recognize the positive things that already exist in your life. Make a habit of writing down at least five things each day.
7. Keep your eyes open for opportunities. Opportunities to enhance your life are all around you. There are people to go out with, jobs that pay better and are more enjoyable, potential friends, activities you have never considered, educational opportunities, and many other opportunities right in front of you.
8. Take care of yourself.
Get some sleep, workout, eat better, and buy some new clothes. Be nicer to yourself and notice how much more you enjoy your life.
9. Participate in a hobby that you love.
There is more to life than work and maintaining your life. A hobby is a great way to explore your interests and have some fun.
10. Remove distractions.
Distractions rob you of time and hamper your progress. You can’t make your life completely free of distractions, but you can come close. You will be able to love your life more if you are not distracted.
Your life is better than you think. You can also make your life significantly better with just a few small changes.
Happiness is a skill more than it is about having a particular set of circumstances. When you do the right things and have the right perspective, your life will be much more enjoyable to you. You can love the life you have without doing anything drastic or winning the lottery.
Are you ready to make personal and spiritual changes in your life? Consider a one on one private session with Moira or a reading to free yourself from limitations and open yourself up to greater possibilities? Click here to open the door.
Please share this article with your friends using the links below: