In this day and age, I believe that we could all do well to consider how to have and experience more enchantment and a sense of magic in our daily life… after all – we are supposed to be having fun in this life!!
Fortunately, there are many ways to feel enchanted even when you are an adult with obligations, a family and a full-time job. Here are some tips for simple changes you can make to create a more magical daily life.
Change Your Thinking:
1. Practice optimism. Studies show that optimists earn more money, enjoy better health, and may even live longer. Looking on the bright side is obviously strong magic.
2. Focus on gratitude. Being appreciative is also a sure way to experience more happiness and success. Create a gratitude journal and write in it every night before you go to bed with all the wonderful things that happened that day.
3. Offer forgiveness. Lighten your load by letting go of any past resentments and disappointments. Be sure to forgive yourself as well as others.
4. Build confidence. You can accomplish more when you believe in yourself and your abilities. Challenge your self-imposed limitations and take sensible risks. Adjust your self-talk if you tend to be excessively critical.
Change Your Actions:
1. Smile more. A pleasant facial expression boosts your mood and makes you more attractive and approachable. You will soon notice many more things to smile about.
2. Slow down. It is difficult to savor life when you are in a rush. Lighten your workload by eliminating unnecessary tasks. Take frequent breaks while you are working so you can refresh your mind and restore your energy.
3. Connect with nature. Scenic beauty and time spent outdoors can also make you marvel at the world. Start a vegetable garden or go hiking on weekends.
4. Dress up. Making over your external appearance can affect your inner being. See how differently you feel when you wear a new coat or get a flattering haircut.
5. Add color. Yellow may be the color most closely associated with happiness, but any hue you like can have a positive psychological impact. Paint your kitchen green or buy a purple plant for your desk.
6. Listen to music. An uplifting song can transform your day. Put together a playlist that will make exercising and housework seem like fun.
7. Give generously. Sharing your time, talents, and resources with others makes you feel like you have more than when you started. Volunteer in your community and give others presents even when there’s no special occasion.
8. Continue learning. Acquiring new knowledge and skills shows you how vast your potential to grow is. Sign up for adult education classes at a local university or take a course online.
9. Travel somewhere. Plan an exotic vacation or explore an unfamiliar neighborhood closer to home. Travel can be expanding without being expensive.
10. Do something new. Any variation in your routine can pull you out of a rut and stimulate your senses. Spend this weekend doing something you have been wanting to try, like baking sourdough bread or playing pickleball.
Mythical white horses don’t have a monopoly on magic. While Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccinos were only around for a short while, you can cultivate a sense of wonder that lasts for a lifetime. Take the time to notice the small miracles that happen every day and surround yourself with love and support.
Are you ready to make personal and spiritual changes in your life? Consider a one on one private session with Moira or a reading to free yourself from limitations and open yourself up to greater possibilities? Click here to open the door.
Please share this article with your friends using the links below: