You know enough about yourself and the world to have a pretty good idea of what it will take to live the life you desire. Your mind can quickly give you an accurate image of the person you need to become to create the change you desire. All you need to do is ask.
Once you have this answer, you can begin living as that person today. You don’t have to wait. You can think, act, and adopt the beliefs of a fit person, someone with a great social circle, or whatever type of person you are… the one in your dreams!!
Look to the future to change your present with these strategies:
1. Look ahead and visualize the life you would love to have.
Imagine yourself ten years from now living the life of your dreams. Notice how you feel and behave. Imagine how you deal with your typical day. Imagine the income, physique, social life, relationship, and so on that you would like to have.
- What do you eat each day? How much do you exercise? What type of exercise do you do? What are your attitudes and beliefs around diet and exercise?
- How much money do you make? How do you make it? What are your saving and spending habits?
- Think about your future social life. How many friends do you have? How often do you go out? Where do you go? How do you manage that social circle? How often do you communicate with them?
- If your ideal future includes a partner, how do you handle that? What do you do each day to keep your relationship solid and vibrant?
- Consider the habits and hobbies you would have also.
2. Look at your current life and behaviors.
Contrast the above with your current life. Take note of the differences in how you behave and think today versus your future self. What changes do you need to make?
3. List the behaviors you would like to integrate into your life to match your future self.
If you can think and act the same way, you will eventually attain the same results.
4. Begin making the changes.
Start slowly and only make a couple of changes at first. You might decide to cut out sugar, go to the gym three times a week, and go out once a week with a friend.
- Or, you might decide to review your goals each night, keep a journal, and start meditating.
- Once the first set of habits starts to take hold and feel natural, add a few more.
5. Adopt a new mindset.
When you are faced with a decision or a challenge, ask yourself what your future self would do in the same situation. Begin making decisions in this way and see what happens.
6. Expect resistance.
It won’t necessarily be easy to approach life with a new perspective and new behaviors.
- It may feel uncomfortable at first, but that is good. When you do something uncomfortable, your life can change.
- When you do the things that you are used to doing, they stay the same. That is comfortable, but it is not progress.
Why wait ten years to begin acting and believing a certain way? You can start right now and speed up your progress considerably. Imagine yourself living your ideal life ten years from now and simply adopt the same habits, behaviors, thoughts, and beliefs. Success will come quicker than you ever imagined!!
Are you ready to make personal and spiritual changes in your life? Consider a one on one private session with Moira or a reading to free yourself from limitations and open yourself up to greater possibilities? Click here to open the door.
Please share this article with your friends using the links below: