We are all experiencing uncertainty and quickly changing times at the moment and this is impacting each one of us in different ways. Today I want to look at the propensity we all have to one degree or another to worry. Think about how much time you spend worrying each day. Has any of that worrying ever accomplished anything positive in your life?
Imagine what you could do with all that time and energy. Imagine how much happier and comfortable you would be if you could minimize amount of time you spend worrying each day.
Worrying is a habit that we believe is helpful in some way, but it is easy to see that worrying only has a negative effect.
Worry less and live more with these strategies:
1. Put your worries in perspective.
Think of the big picture. According to scientists, there are around 100 million billion stars in the universe. That is 100,000,000,000,000,000 suns. Most of those stars are believed to have one or more planets revolving around them. That is certainly a lot of planets!!
- In the grand scheme of things, we just hanging out on the equivalent of a speck of dust hurtling through space. We don’t even get to do it for that long. Your problems aren’t as dire as you think. We are little being on an insignificant planet.
2. Expect good things to happen.
You can’t worry if you expect a positive outcome. When you assume things will turn out poorly, it is natural to worry. Be as prepared for the worst-case scenario as you can but be optimistic. Your worry is not going to change anything.
3. Understand what is and what is not under your control.
We spend a lot of time worrying about things we can’t change. What is the point? Do what you can to mitigate your risk and then see what happens. Let go of the things you can’t control.
- You can’t control most of the things you worry about any more than you can control the weather or the tides.
4. Stay grounded in the present moment.
Pay attention to what you are doing right now. Avoid thinking about tomorrow. Make the best use of your time each moment and the future will take care of itself.
5. Have gratitude.
When you realize how much you have and how blessed you are, the future isn’t as scary. Remind yourself of how good your life is already. You will worry less.
- Gratitude is a habit. Take a moment each day and mentally list all the things that you are grateful for. This can do more to enhance your perspective than you think.
6. Avoid isolating yourself.
Life is harder to manage all alone. It is not reasonable to assume you can do everything by yourself. It is also less stressful to have a few friends in your corner. Avoid isolating yourself just because you are stressed. Your stress will only increase. Stay in touch with others.
7. Remind yourself of your past worries.
You have worried about a lot of things over the course of your life. How many of them actually came true? Of those that did, how bad was it? You will likely discover that most of your worry was inaccurate.
- Most of the things we worry about never happen. And even if they do, it is not nearly as awful as we anticipate.
Any time spent worrying is wasted time. If there is something you can do to resolve the situation, then do it. Worrying detracts greatly from enjoying your life. Commit to minimize the amount of time you spend worrying each day. You will enjoy life more and be more successful.
Are you ready to make personal and spiritual changes in your life? Consider a one on one private session with Moira or a reading to free yourself from limitations and open yourself up to greater possibilities? Click here to open the door.
Please share this article with your friends using the links below: