How long have you been waiting to begin pursuing your aspirations or dreams? Most people are stuck in a perpetual mode of waiting. Everyone is waiting for the precise perfect moment to finally pull the trigger and get started. This is a huge mistake. The perfect time is right now.
Time is more important than timing. Avoid wasting time instead of focusing on the getting the timing just right.
Here are some ideas to begin acting on your plans today:
1. You will never be ready.
We love to put things off. It is in our nature. If you wait until you are ready, you will still be waiting at the end of your days in this life.
- Do you know what the first step is? That is all you need know. Just do it and you will figure out the rest along the way. It is like walking up the stairs. You only need to see one step at a time to make it to the top.
2. The perfect time will never happen.
Again, you will be waiting until your funeral. There will never be a good time to get started. There will always be an excuse. All of the variables will never be in perfect alignment. The most perfect time you are going to get is right now.
3. The sooner you get started, the sooner you can be successful.
The advantages of getting started now are numerous. Perhaps the most relevant is the fact that you can achieve your goals sooner. The sooner you begin any journey, the sooner you reach your destination.
4. Your natural tendency is to wait too long.
We always wait too long. When is the last time you did something too soon? Everyone else is waiting. Be the person that doesn’t wait. Fortune favors the bold, so be bold.
5. Your natural tendency is to value information too much.
We want to know everything there is to know before we take the first step. Unfortunately, we can’t know everything. Life sometimes unfolds in unpredictable ways. You know more than enough to get started. Just do it.
6. The most successful people make decisions quickly and stick with them.
The least successful people are terrible at making up their minds. They are eternally conflicted for a variety of reasons, primarily fear. Give yourself a time limit to make a decision and then run with it.
- A decent decision, made quickly, that you stick with, is better than a great decision, a year from now, that you can’t maintain.
- Practice making decisions quickly and moving forward with them. This is a great habit to develop.
7. The sooner you take action, the more you will learn.
Action leads to results. You learn something each time you get a result. You are not producing any results while you’re sitting around waiting for the perfect moment to act.
8. Action leads to inspiration.
Most people falsely believe that they will take action when they feel inspired. But the opposite is true. Action leads to inspiration. Inspiration leads to even more action.
Why are you waiting? The most honest answer is fear. If you never get started, there is still hope, since you can’t know for sure that your plans will not work. If you never begin, you can’t fail.
However, the opposite is true, too. If you never get started, there is no real hope of anything better. If you never begin, you are guaranteed to fail.
Take a deep breath and get started today. You will never be 100% ready or comfortable, so you may as well begin right now. Now is the moment to change your life.
Are you ready to make personal and spiritual changes in your life? Consider a one on one private session with Moira or a reading to free yourself from limitations and open yourself up to greater possibilities? Click here to open the door.
Please share this article with your friends using the links below: