Practical Stress Relieving Tips
Here are 10 steps to a less stressed life:
1. Cut out the busyness. What are some things you can cut out of your schedule to give you more quality time for you and your family?
- What clubs or organizations do you belong to? What meetings or activities are you involved in? Is it all necessary?
- Carefully consider which programs and activities you can remove from your schedule – then do it!
2. De-clutter and organize your home. When your home is cluttered and unorganized, you tend to feel cluttered and unorganized on the inside, which causes you more stress.
- Get rid of the stuff you never use by selling it, throwing it away, or giving it to someone who’ll make use of it. Once you’ve done that, organize what’s left over and make a place for everything. If necessary, use labels and organizational containers to make it easy to find things again.
3. De-clutter and organize your workspace. Organizing your workspace is no different than de-cluttering your home.
- Remember, your external environment affects your internal peace. Messy on the outside likely means messy on the inside.
4. One of the major stress factors is money. However, there’s a simple solution: a budget. Many people don’t like the word budget, but budgeting doesn’t have to be difficult. In fact, financial planning actually helps you save money.
- Do a search online to find a budgeting system that works best for you. It needs to be simple and easy to use every day. Once you’re on a budget you’ll feel a lot less stressed due to finances.
- Seek the help of an experienced financial planner who can steer you on the right financial path.
5. Enjoy what you do have. In our society you’ve probably learned somewhere along the way that more is better. Well, it’s not.
- When you learn to be content with what you have right now, you’ll find so much more peace within yourself.
6. Get regular exercise. When you work-out, your body burns off more than just fat and calories. Working out also burns off steam.
- If you’re stressed due to work situations or family conflict, getting a good workout will help you relieve stress. You’ll be able to think and reason more clearly, which will help you deal with some of the core issues that are causing your stress.
7. Eat healthier. Yes, eating healthy foods really does relieve stress because when your body is nourished properly, it functions optimally. Eating right lends itself to clearer thinking.
8. Reduce your workload. If you have a heavy workload, either on the job or at home, do what you can to reduce it.
- Take a good look at your routine and determine if the workload is really worth the toll it’s taking on your body and health. If it’s not – and there’s no end in sight – perhaps it’s not the proper solution to your problems anyway.
9. Communication is key to relieving stress in your life. If you have a friend you can talk to openly and honestly, seek them out.
- Getting things off your chest will help you sort out problems and see your situation in a new light. The less foggy your mind is, the more stress you’ll be able to remove from your life.
- It often helps to have someone outside of the situation to talk to because they’ll likely see something you don’t.
10. Journaling is a fabulous way to relieve stress. You can have an outlet without having to reveal your deep thoughts to the world.
- Journaling is a great way to see the progress you’ve made, which can be very therapeutic.
As you can see, there are many ways to reduce stress. Put them into practice now and you’ll soon begin to see a real difference in your life. Your stress will start to diminish and you’ll be free to enjoy your beautiful life!