If you have been stuck for a while, it is time to make some changes and enjoy a breakthrough in your life. It is easy to become stuck in a rut. The same thinking, routines, habits, and actions lead to the same results.
Since change can be challenging, it is important to put all your resources toward changing just one part of your life. Truth is, you can change if you really want to.
Here are some strategies and ideas to help you change anything about your life you desire:
1. Focus your attention on one aspect of your life.
Accomplishing something big will require much of your time, energy, and focus. Now is not the time to search for the partner of your dreams, lose 40 pounds, find a new job, and train for your first marathon. Pick just one thing and give it all you have got.
2. Set a goal.
Be crystal clear on what you are committed to accomplishing. It takes courage to set a goal, because once you set a standard for success, you have also defined failure. Are you willing to risk failure to have a breakthrough in your life?
- Setting a goal is also a form of deciding. Once you have made a decision, you do not have an excuse to avoid getting started.
3. Become an expert.
Whatever the topic of your breakthrough happens to be, become an expert. Acquire some books, watch a couple of videos, and talk to an expert if possible. Avoid spending too much time on this step. At some point, you are just procrastinating.
4. Raise your standards.
If any part of your life is less than you want it to be, your standards are often to blame. Whether you are overweight, have an unfulfilling relationship, or your bank account is limiting your life, your standards set the bar.
- You must be less tolerant of what you are willing to accept in your life if you are going to make a breakthrough.
- Notice how hard you will work when your life slips below a certain level. Notice again how you relax once you re-attain that level. If that level were higher, you would work like crazy to get there.
5. Create a plan and get started.
You know what you want, and you know how to get it, or at least how to get started. Create a plan that will lead you to success. Keep in mind that planning is easy. You do not have to do much, and you feel like you are doing something, but you are not. You are simply preparing to do something.
- There are many people that make great plans, but few of them follow through on those plans. It is okay to be excited by your marvelous plan but understand that your enthusiasm can quickly fade.
6. Track your time.
This is where the rubber meets the road. Track your time each day and calculate how much time you are dedicating to working toward your breakthrough. It may be a lot less than you think. Decide to do better each day until you have achieved your goal.
7. Drop habits that are getting in your way.
You have habits that undermine your best efforts to change your life. Depending on your objectives, your bad habit might be eating late at night, spending money on expensive clothes, wasting time, or over committing.
- Look at all your behaviors and think about how they impact your attainment of your goal.
8. Do not quit.
You have heard this advice so many times because it is true. It is hard not to be successful if you are working hard and do not quit. Keep going until you have achieved breakthrough you wish for.
Are you ready for a breakthrough? Are you willing to make the necessary changes to attain a breakthrough? Take control of your life and improve your results. Now is the time.
Are you ready to make personal and spiritual changes in your life? Consider a one on one private session with Moira or a reading to free yourself from limitations and open yourself up to greater possibilities? Click here to open the door.
Please share this article with your friends using the links below: